Wednesday, October 24, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH CARRIE GENZEL (ex-Skye Chandler, AMC)

  • Hi Lisa, 

    First off, thank you so much for your continued support. One of the most amazing things about having been a part of a daytime show is the continued love and support from the fans and those people who work and love this genre.

    1) You played Skye Chandler on AMC. Tell us about that and how the cancellation of the show affected you.

    The cancelling of the ALL MY CHILDREN was really sad to me. It felt like a part of my life and history was being wiped out. Even though it had been many years since I had been on the show, it was nice to be know that life in Pine Valley was still going on every day. It's sad, it's sad to see what's happening to daytime television. ALL MY CHILDREN was such part of the American television landscape, so many of us grew up with it and with the characters in Pine Valley, celebrating holidays, births, deaths together, it's sad to know it's gone, as well as so many others. It was an incredible place to work and learn, the tools I learned from the veterans of that show I still learn when I'm on set today, I'll always be grateful for the time I had on ALL MY CHILDREN.

    2) Do you still keep in touch with any former cast mates?

    I do still keep in touch with a few cast mates, Lauren Roman and I have remained friends, Jennifer Bassey, Michael Lowry, and I also keep in touch with people on Facebook as well, have a lot of former cast mates on their I touch base with from time to time as well, which is fun.

    3) What have you done since AMC?

    I've done a lot since AMC. I've done a lot of episodic television, KYLE XY, FLASH GORDON, SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL, CASTLE, PSYCH, to name a few, as well as I've worked with some amazing directors on and actors on such feature films as 88 MINUTES, THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, WATCHMEN, JENNIFER'S BODY. 

    I have a TV movie premiering on The Hallmark Channel November 10th at 8 pm PST called THE WISHING TREE with Jason Gedrick, the trailer can be viewed athttp://www.terryingramdirector.com/WishingTreeTrailer.html#.UGHGqo1mRNt.

    I have an episode of THE HAUNTING HOUR on The Hub premiering in 2013, and I have an independent film called EVIL FEED which will be making it's debut in the festival circuit in 2013 as well, you can view some behind the scenes pictures at the official website at http://evilfeed.com/index.php, I play a villain named "Madame Dragonfly".

    I've also just finished with a great festival run of a short film I star in called THE BALLERINA AND THE ROCKING HORSE, where I won Best Actress at the Los Angeles International Underground Film Festival for my role in that. Our trailer can be viewed at http://www.ballerinarockinghorse.com/ and you can join in on all the news and updates about the short on our Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/TheBallerinaAndTheRockingHorse.

    And aside from all of that, I've written two comedy pilots with my writing partner Danielle Nicolet here in Los Angeles, and have a number of unscripted shows in development. I like to keep myself busy.

    4) I have started a campaign to bring Your Skye back on GH. what did you think when I approached you.

    When you approached me about starting a campaign to bring Skye back to GH I was flattered. Robin Christopher has really done such a wonderful job with the character, and my time playing Skye was so different than where they took her after, plus Robin has had many more years playing the role, I was flattered that you would want to see me bring Skye back to GH, I would be open to it, it would be a lot of fun to step back into her shoes, we both have changed a lot over the years.

    5) You are from Canada. Do you still live there? What was it like growing up there?

    I am from Canada, yes. I was born in Vancouver, I still have family there. I'm not living there currently, but I do go back to Vancouver to work a lot and enjoy it when I do. Los Angeles is home to me, I enjoy living in Los Angeles. Growing up in Canada was great, I grew up in a beautiful city, we have the beaches and mountains right at our finger tips, it's a great place to grow up. Even thought it is a different country, we're so closely tied to The United States we still got all of the same TV shows, movies, etc, so it is a different country, but I didn't feel so far away when I left, and still don't.


  • www.terryingramdirector.com
    Terry Ingram, renowned Vancouver based director of extraordinary, imaginative and distinctive Film - TV productions in all genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment