Tuesday, November 29, 2016

~~~MY INTERVIEW WITH JEN LILLEY~~~~



                                        MY INTERVIEW WITH JEN LILLEY

                                         (EX-THERESA DONOVAN BLACK)








                                                          PHOTO BY BRAD EVERETT YOUNG

I just watched today's and it was pretty epic. Congrats! 


When you saw the scripts leading to your exit, what do you think? I was so overwhelmed by the exit.  It's EXCELLENT.  I think it's some of the smartest writing I've ever seen.  It's tragic and classic, a true modern day version of Romeo and Juliet.  Some fans have found it to be unbelievable, but if they understood how dangerous certain mafias and cartel leaders are, they would realize it is VERY believable.  I am so grateful Theresa went out like a hero.  She went out fully developed, with a full arch.  It was beautiful and selfless, and I think they tied so many lose ends up in a full and perfect bow.  It's flawless.  



Would you ever do daytime again?


 I would happily return to Days of Our Lives on a recurring basis.  That's my family.  I'd go back recurring tomorrow if they'd have me.





Have to ever been "star struck"? 

 Absolutely.  After I did The Artist, I got to go to Weinstein's Oscar party, and I saw Meryl Streep.  It took me 45 minutes to muster up the courage to say hello to her.  She was incredibly gracious and kind.  I made her cry (happy tears)...but that could have just been a performance.  She's THAT good.  That same night, I saw Tony Bennett perform for the private party.  I started crying. I love him so much.  I called my mom in the car on the way home and told her if I died now, my life would be complete.  She was horrified.  haha, but seriously.  Can you ask for more?




"Its Tinsel Time" again...any plans for another Christmas CD or regular?


 I'm currently selling Tinsel Time again on my website and itunes and all other digital platforms.  I will definitely do another Christmas CD in the future, just not this year.  I'm currently working on a regular album, but I don't want to give any details on that yet.







Congrats on being a foster parent!!! I'm so happy for you. Can you tell us what led to this decision?


That's a LONG story.  And something to do a complete article on.  But in short, I have found the foster care system in the United States to be a road paved with good intentions, but leading to hell.  It's the most broken system in the U.S.  And I figure, none of us can take on the world, but if we do our part, and do what we have the power to change, we do actually change the world.  So Jason and I became foster parents to change a foster kids experience. So many foster homes are horrible, dangerous places.  Ours is happy, safe, and full of love.  We're doing our part to love on abused, neglected, and at risk children.  And our love will have a ripple effect.  (seriously, we can chat more about it, but on phone.  I could never type fast enough).





Any other projects in the works? 


Yes! I've shot 3 movies and 2 TV shows since I left Days in June.  And on Saturday, I fly to Vancouver to shoot another movie.  I'm the lead in a Romantic Comedy :) More details on that later.

The others are 
Mommy, I Didn't Do It premiering on Lifetime Jan 1
Galileo (in post production)
The Wedding Do Over (in post production)
Grey's Anatomy (aired in October)
Encounter (a new original series for Pureflix) that is available on their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment