Tuesday, September 1, 2015

~TALK TO ME TUESDAY-SEPTEMBER 1, 2015~


                                         MY INTERVIEW WITH KIRA REED LORSCH
                                                               (JO, THE BAY)










You have a fan club! Congrats! Tell us more about it.

Yes I am thrilled to have a new fan club at 



Simply go to the Fan Info Page and sign up. You’ll get my newsletter, invitations to personal appearances and special events, plus signed photos and of course a personalized birthday card. Most importantly, you’ll get exclusive Behind The Scenes news from my shows including The Bay The Serieshttp://thebaytheseries.com/ I’ve partnered with Debby O’Connor to run my fan club. She is savvy, sophisticated and organized - my kind of woman.



What can we expect from Jo in the upcoming season of The Bay?

Jo is the coolest person I know. I relish getting to be her. She is being set up to be the Olivia Pope of Bay CityShe is up against a lot, attempting to keep Matthew Ashford’s Steve Jensen in line, while balancing the above board politics of the city’s elite. On The Bay Season 4 (#TheBay4) you’ll get to see Jo unfiltered, uber-opinionated, and unequivocally pissed off. You’ll also see her forgiving, funny and doing what she does best: fixing. I love Joand am grateful Gregori J. Martin created her for me. She has many sides and layers… just like every smart, strong woman in the world.



What actor would you like to work with in the future?
I hope to conspire with Ronn Moss’s John Blackwell on The Bay. I have been a friend of him and his wife Devin DeVasquez for years. Yet, I have never acted opposite him. Lilly Melgar is amaze balls! She would our course be thrilling to work with. I hope I get a chance to work with Jade Harlow as well. She is a Force. Beyond The Bay, I am drawn to off beat, charismatic, quirky actors. Pablo Schreiber, Jason Schwartzman and Jack Black are some of my current favorites. When I grow up I want to be like Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon continuing to produce great work beyond the Hollywood starlet years.



                                                      What is your favorite food?
That depends. On a “good” day I am vegan- esque. Lot’s of veggies and healthy stuff– yay! On a “bad” day I want nothing but cheese covered, breaded, buttered everything. I try to have more good days than bad days.


Would you consider doing a network soap?


The right role. The right people. The right time… Of course!



Have you ever been "star struck"?



Evey day day in L.A. you live among movie stars. Last week I was seated in a restaurant next to Arnold SchwarzeneggerMark Wahlberg was with his daughter in line getting frozen yogurt with me yesterday. I got a pedicure next to Chloë Sevigny today. Plus, being a working actress and a member of National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, I am around my celebrity peers all the time. They are people just like you and me. I used to feel awkward like: “what am I gonna say??” Now I just smile and say hello. Usually the biggest stars are the nicest. After all, you don’t get to the top by being an ***hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment