Wednesday, April 12, 2017

~MY INTERVIEW WITH CADY MCCLAIN-APRIL 12, 2017~

                MY INTERVIEW WITH CADY MCCLAIN 

Hi Cady and welcome to the Spiel once again.


You have started the "Seeing is Believing" campaign. For those who are not aware, please tell us about it.

The campaign is over but people can still contribute to the Indiegogo page and get fun perks like t-shirts and a coffee mug that looks like a camera lens!
The project is a series about women directors: interviews with amazing women who direct films and television. We talk about why they decided to be directors, the process of their creativity, and leadership skills that are important, especially when you are a woman!



What are your thoughts on ABC regaining the rights to the characters from AMC and OLTL?

Good for them! They invested the most into those shows, they should own them. Hopefully they will find a place online or on cable to make them available to all the fans who so want to relieve those stores. They are playing “Dark Shadows” on Hulu, so I don’t see why not!



Would you ever go back to daytime?

I look at it like “Never say Never.” Because something always happens. But I am focusing on directing now. I was just nominated for an Emmy for my directing work on Venice the Series, which is a soap, so who knows? I think the future is friendly.



Who is your dream actor to work with that you have not yet?

You know I never had that thought. Ever. I didn’t look that far down the road. I look just ahead of me. I wanted to work with Michael Knight, and I got to. David Canary, Peter Bergman, and of course my favorite, Jon Lindstrom. I have been very lucky.




Thanks again for being here. All the best to you!














No comments:

Post a Comment