Wednesday, December 5, 2018

~SPECIAL FEATURE-FASHION DESIGNER CHRISTOS DOVAS, NEW YORK











Christos Dovas, Welcome and thanks for joining me!

*** Why fashion design?


In my childhood I was surrounded by artists. My father was one of them,
a shoe designer, an old fashion craftsman. I was lucky to have a hard
work growing up apprentice next to him. I learned from the best in the
fashion industry: what working with leather means,silks, lace, hand
stitching, patterns and, precision.

My everyday schedule was busy with school and work, but on Sunday’s, my
father and I would walk around and he would show me window displays and
the latest designs. Later in the afternoons i would attend concerts.

Working in my family's clothing store helped me to understand fabrics of
different qualities and properties. Stylizing the human form helped me
to understand looks and image.

Hours of impeccable hand stitched work resulting in a perfectly
tailored, haute couture creation.



*** If you weren’t a fashion designer, what would you be?


I would be a painter, an architect an archaeologist. I love history and
the perspective art forms as per homes and fabrics, where people live
with their surroundings and what type of clothing are wearing. I love
paintings with vibrant colors and historical themes. I love chiaroscuro
portraits of powerful personalities. I love sculpture and grand
monuments.




*** What inspires you when you design?


The classical world is great inspiration blended with elegant 1920's and
1950's looks gives so many variations - from raglan sleeves to pleated
silk chiffons, for endless and timeless elegance.The human being is the
vehicle to bare history, it is expressed in so many forms including
painting and sculpture. I am taken by details, such as, the expression
of a glance, a slight movement,a hidden smile, or a dialogue that gives
me a sparkle in my eyes. My motto is Beauty! I ask, “How can this be translated to 
anyone's figure" to bring results such as balance, elegance, purity of form, definition of 
style!




*** What Celebrities have you designed for?


Design concepts are my driving force, along with quality fabrics that
respectfully interpret the dignity of the design. I admire the human
form combined with body contours and silhouettes. Celebrities around the
globe, among others Sofia Milos from CSI Miami when she went to Elton
John's party, Vanessa Modely, fashion celebrity and ambassador at
Unesco, a music band Tokyo, Japan. We always perceive everyone is
celebrity.




*** Thank you so much for joining me!


Thanks are all mine for for your kind invite,






















No comments:

Post a Comment