Thursday, March 28, 2019

~INTERVIEW WITH CLIENT AND PODCAST HOST-STEVEN BRITTINGHAM~



Welcome and thanks for joining me!


Thank you for asking me to join you today! My absolute pleasure.


You are an actor, writer, host and more. What is your favorite job?


 A: Excellent question. I fell in love with acting as a young boy watching westerns, WW II and classic movies. My grandparents raised me from a young age. One Saturday afternoon my grandfather took me to see the original 'The Muppet Movie'. As we left the theater, I noticed a rainbow glistening high above off in the horizon. It was at that moment I fell in love with acting and film. Shyness and uncertainty kept me from acting at that time, but I was taking some steps to eventually become an actor. As a teenager I finally decided the time was right for me. Shortly afterward, I appeared on-stage, had a few modeling assignments, signed up with a local talent agency, took acting classes and workshops as well as drama class at high school. A few years ago I started writing film reviews for an online magazine and written interviews. I discovered how much I enjoyed writing. Likewise, I discovered how much I enjoyed interviews and learning more about actors, directors, screenwriters. I took the next step during the summer of 2016 and created a podcast talk show titled: Hollywood and Beyond with Steven Brittingham. I have discovered a true joy for being a host. To answer your question, I enjoy all of it. Acting, writing, hosting. I would say though that any artistic project I work on comes first from a love of acting.


Why acting? A: Acting has endless possibilities. I am an emotional and deep-feeling person. I think acting is one of the most honorable professions available. Becoming a character is thrilling and exciting.

How did you come to start The Hollywood and Beyond show? A: It was completely unexpected. After reading some of my online film reviews, a gentleman reached out to me and offered me the opportunity to create a online talk show. The show would air Live. He told me that I could make it about any subject or topic I chose. Suddenly, I felt inspired to create a Hollywood themed talk show that would be free from gossip and instead focus on the artistic journey of each guest. As host I decided that I would strive for "Meaningful Interviews" that are in-depth and fun. I had a lot of technical assistance but little assistance as far as how a host conducts a live interview and the best approaches to take. Fortunately, some of other hosts on the online radio network helped me tremendously with suggestions and encouragement. My training as an actor also helped me to feel comfortable. My first online Live interview was with actress and international model Anna Easteden. I felt overjoyed with the outcome! Years later I am still hosting Hollywood and Beyond, still striving for those "Meaningful Interviews". I am truly grateful.


 What are your favorite daytime shows? A: Both are Bell-Phillip Productions. I became a viewer of 'The Young and the Restless' back in the mid to late eighties. Terry Lester was portraying Jack Abbott. The characters of "Cricket", Nina, Phillip and Danny were involved with top story lines, and Jess Walton was already portraying Jill Abbott. I feel completely in love with the characters, the writing, the emotional music, and the sentimental heart of the show. Shortly afterward, 'The Bold and the Beautiful' premiered on CBS. I instantly became hooked. However, the very first daytime drama I watched consistently was 'Loving' on ABC. I must give credit to 'Loving' for my discovery of daytime television.

Any acting projects in the works? A: Yes! Thank you for asking. I recently finished work on a feature film. I am not permitted to share information about the film or my character at this time. What I can say is for two days I was in heaven. Some of Hollywood's most talented folks are working on this film. This has the potential to be an Oscar caliber production and I am completely honored. I am already looking for more acting roles! I have been away from acting for many years. This project has extra significance for me personally as it represents the spirit of never giving up on your dreams.


What interview stands out the most?

This is a tough question. I say that because all of the interviews have special meaning in my heart. All of my guests are cherished and appreciated. It seems like I never stop being amazed with who I speak with or who visits me on Hollywood and Beyond. Considering I book almost all of my own guests, it becomes even more amazing. I would say though that having Terri Garber was a big highlight for me. She has inspired me to always give a performance everything you have to offer. Having cast members from 'Dallas' such as Steve Kanaly, Deborah Tranelli, Jack Scalia, Audrey Landers, Randy Powell and Kevin Page for my Dallas 40th Anniversary Celebration has warmed my heart more than I can express. Speaking with singer Tiffany was a treat, as I grew up in the eighties and was there when she first arrived on the music scene. Her interview is so sentimental and enjoyable too. Having cast members from 'The Young and the Restless' such as Judith Chapman, Jordi Vilasuso, Brenda Epperson, Shari Shattuck, and Kate Linder are huge honors for me. Not to mention Tracy Melchior and Carrie Mitchum from 'The Bold and the Beautiful.' Other actors from daytime such as Carrie Genzel and T.C Warner are big highlights. And I love Robert Mitchum films. Having Carrie on my show still makes me smile today. See what I mean? It is honestly too difficult to select only one interview as the best or most significant. Every single guest stands out to me, every single one. How in the world I became so lucky to have all of these remarkable folks be guests on my show is honestly something that continues to amaze me. So my official answer to your question is - all of them!



Who would you like to work with in the future?

The list is long. There are so many talented individuals I would love to work with as an actor. Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence come to mind. As do Sharon Case, Jordi Vilasuso, Judith Chapman, Carrie Genzel, Julia Parker, Tracy Melchior, Anna Easteden - and if she ever returns to acting, Carrie Mitchum. I would also love to work with James Jurdi, Kendra Carelli, Jamie Bernadette - here I go again! Many are past guests and people I admire so much. I must add Jack Scalia and Josie Davis to the list as well. I also would do almost anything to work with William Dafoe. I definitely would like to work with my pal and good friend Chad Ayers down the road. We had many adventures together in Hollywood years ago. My dream is still not achieved. To appear on a Bill Bell production was my dream when I first arrived to LA years ago. The dream is still alive today.



Any acting project stand out more than any other?

 Appearing onstage as Bernie Dodd in 'The Country Girl' is a performance I still think of often. This was performed in North Carolina. I still remember the gentleman who portrayed Frank Elgin. One night he turned to me backstage and said, "Someday we are going to be reading about you as an actor." One of my highest compliments. I would like the chance to portray this character again someday.



Thanks for joining me! It was a pleasure! 

 You are most welcome! I enjoyed every single moment. Thank you for all of the wonderful questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment