Thursday, May 7, 2020

MY INTERVIEW WITH ACTOR-CAROLE JEFFERSON


Carole Jefferson

Carole's Bio:   

Carole is a former television news reporter turned prosecutor and now a SAG-AFTRA professional actress who recently relocated to Los Angeles from Northern California.  

As a television news reporter, Carole covered crime, politics, breaking new stories and entertainment.  Over the years, Carole was fortunate to interview many inspiring individuals including former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal, gymnast Bart Conner, country singer Leann Rimes and R&B legend Patti LaBelle. Carole also covered the Black Entertainment Television (BET) awards show as a news reporter for KTNV-TV, ABC in Las Vegas. Of course, Carole covered a lot snowstorms as a rookie reporter at WOWT-NBC in the midwest as well. 

As an actress, Carole played the lead role of "Pecola" in the highly successful production of Toni Morrison's "The Bluest Eye" at Celebration Arts Theatre. The Bluest Eye was named one of the best stage productions of the year. Since that time, Carole played roles in several films and commercials, including a featured role in a national commercial. 
In addition to journalism, her legal career and acting, Carole has been active in a number of civic organizations over the years, including the Nebraska AIDS Project, Omaha Girls Club, The Clark County Stay In School Program and the San Francisco Black Coalition on HIV & AIDS. While attending law school Carole served as a student teacher and a mock trial coach. Carole is also deeply committed to transforming the lives of children in the foster care system and her faith. 

And did Carole mention she loves to travel? Carole has never traveled to a country she didn't enjoy. 

Approximately 15 and counting...... :)   

Yes, life is truly an amazing journey! 





Hi Carole, welcome and thanks for joining me.

Thanks for the opportunity!



Tell us how you were able to cope with the COVID-19 

It's definitely been an interesting experience!   I've still been pretty busy.  But I make sure to remember the importance of self care.  Usually, I get out for some exercise and fresh air in the mornings before I start my day.  That really helps!  Also, staying connected to important people in my life, including my family and staying connected to faith keeps me focused on my goals. 




Carole, you are a former television news report turned prosecutor and now a SAG-AFTRA actor. Congrats, that’s impressive. 

Thank you!  I always say life is truly an amazing journey and I really believe that.  The experiences and the people I've been blessed to meet along the way - absolutely amazing.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the journey.  It's been a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice.  But it's all been worth it and I'm very grateful.  







What has been your most fun project as an actor to date?

My favorite project is always the next project!  I've definitely enjoyed the projects I've had the opportunity to be apart of thus far.  I've enjoyed each one tremendously for different reasons.  However, my goal as an actress is to always keep growing and keep challenging myself.  With each new role, I'm always thinking about what can I bring to the role and what can I learn from the experience.  There's always a new challenge and new things to learn.  That's why I love acting so much! 



What is your dream role?

My dream role is one that has depth, complexity and challenges me as an actress.  Of course, versatility is important and I like to explore different kinds of roles that are outside of my general casting.  But I seem to really be drawn to roles about strong women in challenging situations making difficult and complicated choices.  I love to do the character work and understand the pathology these types of characters. 



Who would you like to work with in your acting career?

Gosh, too many talented people to mention.  But of course Viola Davis is at the top of the list.  She's absolutely amazing!  



What shows are you watching these days?

Actually, I started watching Chicago P.D. recently and now I am absolutely hooked on the show!  Jason Beghe is an alum of Beverly Hills Playhouse (BHP) where I currently train.  BHP hosted a Q&A with him and it was great!  Afterwards, I was curious about the show because I had never watched it.  Now I can't stop watching it.  I've been binge watching it over the past week.  

Also, I'm reading plays from all the great playwrights - Neil Simon, August Wilson, Arthur Miller and Tennessee Williams.  I really love theatre!  


Any guilty pleasures?

Travel, of course!  Some many countries to see and experience, yet so little time.  But I definitely want to see as much of the world as I can in this lifetime. 




What advice would you give to an up and coming reporter, lawyer, or actor. 

Believe in yourself (confidence is an absolute must) and be willing work hard to accomplish your goals.  Also, make sure you have the right people in your life.  A strong support system is very important.  You simply don't have the time and energy for negative distractions, including people.  You have to stay focused and passionate about your goals.  



Thanks again Carole. It’s been my pleasure to speak with you.

Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment