Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Special feature: My interview with client Robyn Griggs Wiley

 


                                                         Photo by Steve Stoltzfus





You were diagnosed with cancer. When and what kind?



I was Diagnosed Early August with Stage 4 Endocervical Adeno.  

This is a rare form of Cancer and They also found Masses in my abdomen as well.










What has your treatment been like and how are you doing?



I have been very fortunate to have a wonderful team of doctors.  

I currently am doing Chemo therapy and the mass count seems to be decreasing.

I do have a CT scan and PET scan after the 6th cycle to see what the next plan of action is.

Chemotherapy is really working, but drains my energy and I have times with great pain too. all in all, Ill take the pain or whatever I have to do keep fighting :)


How did you prepare for the treatment?


I don't feel there is a way to really mentally prepare yourself.  

I have a long process,  I am usually having Chemo IVs for around 6+ hours.

I bring a portable DVD player with me and I watch movies to take my mind off of all that is going on.  I have a chest port which makes the IV easier than having a bunch of bruises on my arms. I make the best of it.  Getting upset while going through all of this, doesn't help,  So I am trying to be optimistic and uplifting :)


How has COVID-19 affected you personally because of it.

I think having Cancer is bad enough, but having to go through this during a pandemic is much worse.  

I have to wear a mask all the time.  My immune system is down, which makes it very hard.  This pandemic has been terrible for everyone.  I can't even imagine the loss of experiences our youth is having.


Tell us about the fundraiser.

My family has put together several fundraisers and it has helped a ton.  Medical bills are horrible and makes the whole situation stressful,  so this helps not only financially, but mentally. I thank everyone that has showed support,  this helps more than you know.  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fight-with-robyn


https://www.bonfire.com/store/team-robyn/



What advice would you give to anyone going through the same thing


Never forget, there are people that can help you emotionally stay positive.

Never Give up, this can be treatable.  Don't be afraid to ask your Doctors questions.

Do not believe every statistic you see. Everyone's situation is different.  make every moment count and 

Remember , when it gets tough,  you are making progress.  You can stay strong and do some healing with 

keeping your emotional state, POSITIVE!




        

            This is a picture of my husband and myself. I couldn't make it through this without him.



****I would like to thank my family, friends, and fans that have been sending their prayers, good vibes, and support, I also want to send a special thank you to my husband Mark and our little four legged baby boy, Ralphie. They both have been taking good care of me and I couldn't get through this without them, Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment