Tuesday, April 1, 2014

~TALK TO ME TUESDAY-APRIL 1, 2014~




MY INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL CARUSO (DeVANITY)

Welcome to The Soap Spiel, Michael! Thank you for being here!

Thank you for having me! I always love talking to fans of DeVanity and answering their questions.
 
 
 
For those that do not know, what projects are you working on now?

I am the creator, writer, and executive producer (I know, it's a lot of hats) of DeVanity which is an online soap opera I created, in which I also happen to play Jason DeVanity. He's the head of a powerful jewelry company in Downtown Los Angeles. We are almost finished airing our 4th and final season, and then I'm off to work on a friends project, and then after that I'm going to take a small break and start work on my next series which will be another soap opera.
 
 
 
What do you do for fun when you are not working?

I love spending time with my wife and our 4 dogs. Barbi (my wife) and I enjoy driving to Santa Barbara for the day, or hiking in Malibu. I love going to the zoo, and to the movies. We also love cooking at home, and crashing out in front of the TV. We don't get a lot of down time so we take it when we can get it.
 
 
 
What are your thoughts on daytime series vs. web series?

I've never worked in Daytime before, so I can't answer from that perspective, but as a viewer and from what I've been told by our veteran Daytime guest stars the big difference is time. We shoot DeVanity more like a movie than a traditional soap is filmed so we have more time to work the scenes. I would also say the pacing is much different. There are fewer episodes so there is a lot more action and information conveyed over a smaller period of time whereas in Daytime it is much more spread out. Either way a great story is a great story, and there is room enough for everyone, so I am a big supporter of both daytime and web series. Having Daytime Soaps as well as web soaps is vital to helping keep the genre alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment