Tuesday, March 25, 2014

~TALK TO ME TUESDAY~CARRIE GENZEL-MARCH 25, 2014



MY INTERVIEW WITH THE BEAUTIFUL CARRIE GENZEL (EX-SKYE, AMC)





                                      AS SKYE CHANDLER, ALL MY CHILDREN



                                                              NOW





Welcome again to the Soap Spiel Carrie! Such a pleasure to talk with you always!

Thank you for having me back Lisa! You're always such an amazing supporter of mine and of course stepped up and run the Carrie Genzel Fan Club in Yahoo Groups, so thank you, xo

You are welcome! Here is the link for those you would like to join :)

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OffiialCarrieGenzelFanClub/info

What are you working on now?

Well, at the moment it's pilot season, the time when the networks buy a whole bunch of new shows, cast them, make one episode, and see if they want to actually make more of them, so it's a busy time. I also have started to get into voice over work and am also just getting back into doing print work after much encouragement to step back in the ring. Print is where I started as a teenager in this business, acting has and always will be my first love, but I love fashion and photography, so I've missed shooting, I'm excited to see what projects come my way, and recently had a really fun shoot, so I've caught the bug again to shoot more.

Any projects in the works?

My work in front of the camera is what I'm most known for, but over the past few years I've started to develop and produce my own projects and I, along with my producing partner, are about to take out an unscripted drama to the cable networks to pitch that we have been developing for a while now, we also have another unscripted project we've just started to develop, and a feature film screenplay we've optioned which is just being sent out to producers and studios. I like to keep busy and love to find a variety of ways to be creative within the entertainment community. The development and producing is a lot of work, but it's really exciting when you see a project form and come together, and I've met some incredible people along with the way who have become good friends. We've worked on a lot of unscripted or "reality" projects, and you really walk into people's lives and it takes an incredible amount of trust from both parties, but I've learned so much about so many things in areas I didn't know before, it's opened my eyes to a lot of new ideas, so regardless if we sell a show or now, that alone is worth it. Of course, it's always better to sell the show though ; )

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Spare time? What's that? I'm only half kidding, with all of the things I've mentioned above I usually don't have too much spare time, but I do love to exercise, as much for my mind as my body, I love to hike, get out in nature, love to spend time with friends, go to the movies, try new restaurants, spend time with my boyfriend, and laugh, I try to work in as much laughing as possible.

What would you do for a living if you weren't an actor?

If I wasn't acting, producing either for that matter, I would have loved to have done something in fashion. I love clothes and fashion, maybe I would have been a buyer or curator, something like that. As an actor I always love going in for wardrobe fittings, it's the foundation of the character and the time when I start to see her forming visually in my eyes, so even in what I do today, fashion plays a big part in my work, so I think some type of work in fashion is probably what I would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment